Friday, May 28, 2010

T-6 weeks and counting

So 6 weeks from today I will be getting last minute things organized, packing for my honeymoon, and doing a rehearsal for the wedding.

6 weeks... Man that snuck up on me.

We're getting into "silly season" right now. From here until the wedding, Stacey and I have NO free weekends. Which is not me complaining. We have been incredibly blessed by family and friends, and essentially have a least 1 shower per weekend in the month of June. Craziness! The outpourint of generosity that we have received is already overwhelming, I can only imagine what it's going to be like in the coming weekends as we do showers, and I have my bachelor party.

I feel myself a bit overwhelmed what with me being the sole billpayer at the moment, as well as trying to save up for the wedding, but all that is temporary and will be over soon. Stacey and I have talked about our budget after we're married, and I'm confident that even though she will probably have a hard time finding a job, we've got a solid plan going forward with me being the sole moneymaker. I think that's a good situation to be in because when she does find meaningful work (and we can afford to be picky), it'll be a bonus for us, rather than life and limb. This also will come in handy when we decide to have kids.

On that topic, the "plan" that we have is to start having kids in about 2 years. Whether or not our plan coincides with God's remains to be seen. As an intermediate step, we want to get a dog about 6 months to a year from now. We figure that's good practice. : ) Our friend Brianna has also mentioned that her youngest foster child is a great "practice baby" as he is so well behaved, and really isn't bothered by much, so we may have to "borrow" him from time to time.

As far as the "planning" goes, we really just need to tell the Reception Hall what we want for the Reception. Essentially Food, Music, and Colours for the decorations. They take care of the rest. I like that. A few miscellaneous jobs that I have left are: Vows (which I've already started), and finishing up the Programs for the wedding ceremony. I currently have the basics done, but I want to do something special for the back of the Programs. I'm kinda glad I've been charged with this task.

I'm also really trying to get a lot done with the house before we go on the honeymoon. The plan is to have neighbours, friends, and family check in constantly, but I don't want anything to go wrong, and ideally would prefer to enlist someone to house-sit for us. Unfortunately I can't think of anyone who would be in a position to do that. But we'll see...

That's about all for now, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment